333 Jefferson Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
+ locations throughout California and Arizona
OK, so one of the things I'm super jealous about when I'm in the West coast, is that they have In-N-Out Burgers. I love going here for a number of reasons - including how consistently friendly the staff are, watching them put potatoes in the hand operated slicer to make homemade fries, and of course, how goddamn delicious their food is! I also love how they are kinda cultish, with their bible verses on all packaging, as well as the word-of-mouth "secret menu" that's available. At the same time though, that's what makes In-N-Out awesome!!
Some of the "secret menu" items include:
- 3x3 (which has three patties and three slices of cheese)
- 4x4 (like the 3x3 only with 4)
- Neopolitan shakes
- Grilled cheese sandwich (hamburger bun, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and sauce, but no hamburger patty)
- Flying Dutchman (two patties, two cheese, no buns or condiments)
- Animal Style (either hamburger or fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions and pickles)
My friend Angela and I went to In-N-Out on Fisherman's Wharf (the only In-N-Out location in San Francisco) Though I didn't order any of the secret choices (I almost got animal style, but then remembered there are pickles on it) I got Combo #1 - which is your basic cheeseburger, fries and a drink. Of course it was awesome! I also love the option of requesting "no salt" on your fries. How thoughtful of them!
I don't normally eat at fast food places, but In-N-Out is must whenever I visit California. Because they make everything fresh though, you don't really feel that bad for eating it.