Thursday, September 17, 2009

BRICK STORE PUB
125 E. Court Square
Decatur, GA 30030
(404) 687.0990



The Brick Store Pub is has been voted in this years "100 Best Bars in America" by Esquire magazine. Located in Decatur, they specialize in an extensive beer selection (excluding any of the major domestics) and have some pretty awesome food. I had yet to try the burger there in my previous trips, but I decided it was time. I ordered the Brick Burger with swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato (no onions come on this Atlanta burger), cooked medium. I was amazed on how thick the burger was and once i added some of their signature spicy mustard, I put the top bun on and wasn't sure how I was going to actually go about eating the monstrosity. Well, I made it work and all I can say is "yum". It was cooked perfectly, just the right amount of cheese (not that too much cheese is a bad thing), bun toasted just right, everything was dead on. I can't give it credit for being one of the top 5 in Atlanta, but maybe in the top 10. They also offer Turkey and Veggie burgers which I'm sure are just as good if the hamburger I ate was any indicator. My only complaint about the place is sometimes it can get too crowded and it's hard to find place to sit, but it is worth it, so check it out when you're in the area!

- Bobby!

No comments: