Monday, September 8, 2008

Thanks Maggie!

MAGGIE BROWN
455 Myrtle Avenue
Brooklyn, New York
11205



Saturday was basically a hurricane in New York City, so we decided to leave Manhattan, and just hangout in Brooklyn for the night. As soon as we got home, Carly was like "Okay! We are ordering Maggie Browns!". Everyone placed their orders, and Jeff braved the wind and rain to pick it up from around the corner for us. First of all, the fries were a mistake - it was supposed to be a side of mac n' cheese (which Maggie's so glady gave us additionally for free when we called them back!) I ordered my hamburger 'medium', with swiss cheese and avocados. I still find it so weird that only in America they ask you how you want your hamburger cooked. I thought for some reason that hamburger was a regulated thing, and always had to be cooked well done. In any case, it was way less cooked than medium! I bit in to see bright pink, and was instantly freaked out! Everyone reassured me that it was fine, so I continued eating (obviously). It kept getting more and more rare near the center, but was still pretty good. I couldn't finish eating it though, since I was already filled with beer before eating, as well as still a little concerned about possibly getting sick from it.

Overall, I was happy with Maggie Brown's, although would like to try their hamburger a little more cooked next time. I'd also like to go to the restaurant itself, since they seemed so nice over the phone, and apparently have Happy Hour with 2 for 1 draft beers daily.

Definitely a cute little gem in Clinton Hill.


EDIT:
i just realized that I actually have been to Maggie Brown's before! About a month ago I was in Brooklyn, and my friend John and I went there for lunch and a drink. I didn't eat anything, but I really love how the place looked. Amazing textured wallpaper, and a really weird waiter who forgot we were even there...all good though!

No comments: