Friday, January 16, 2009

Macrobiotics burger

SEED
1604 Pacific Avenue
Venice, California
(310) 396-1604



I'm not sure what you think of when you say Macrobiotic, but I imagine Gwenyth Paltrow eating a bowl of dark green leafy mush covered in mold and maggots and anything else...well, bacteria-like. Sounds appetizing, doesn't it?

Seed has changed me. Well not my bad habits overall, but that mental picture I carry around.

They are a cute little joint one block from Venice Beach who carry a seriously exciting mix of Asian and American food, all with a vegan macrobiotic slant. I ordered the Mediterranean Burger, a bean and grain patty (hence the mashed up dirt coloring to it) with a red pepper aioli spread and served on an organic seven grain sourdough bun*
*If you can't tell, I copied that description from the menu...

I was afraid by the looks of the patty's color that it would be dry and/or burnt tasting, but it was the softest, juiciest non-meat burger I have ever had. The fresh organic tomatoes and onions were the perfect compliment and with a little organic hot sauce (provided by the restaurant), I scarfed down that burger in about 32 seconds flat. I promise I tasted enough of the food to write this review.

Your pal,
Siobhan, the Veggie Burger Connoisseur

No comments: