Monday, January 26, 2009

Okay.

ARIS PLACE
229 Roncesvalles Avenue
Toronto, Ontario
(416) 533-0100



Michelle and I have been trying to get together for hamburgers for weeks now. We finally managed to coordinate yesterday afternoon, and met up at a diner called Aris Place, on Roncesvalles. It's a cozy (very warm inside!) wood-trimmed diner, complete with old menus, and exposed kitchen. We ordered the Homemade burger -- which, I'd suggest spending the extra $0.35 upgrade, from getting the frozen hamburger pattie. We got out gigantic hamburgers in about 10 minutes, served with cheese, lettuce and tomato (on mine). I thought it was a decent burger, however not the best by any means. It was a regular diner burger - basically, what you'd expect from a place like that. My stomach wasn't feeling the greatest to being with, so I don't think it was prepared to scarf down something of that caliber.

Michelle said though that hers was great! The only thing she'd change would be to have had the bun toasted....I thought they were? I guess not.

Anyway, this is a cute place to go in little Poland. Apart from their burgers, apparently a sweet cure for hangovers is to order their grilled cheese and onion rings. Key!

2 comments:

student smarts said...

You forgot to mention the fries -- Aris have some of the best fries in Toronto.

angela said...

i know i know! they were pretty good, but i seriously didn't feel well, and couldn't finish my meal :( i would for sure go back to this place though!