Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hi-5, guys!

FIVE GUYS FAMOUS BURGERS AND FRIES
1253 Caroline St NE.
Atlanta, GA.
(770) 220-0992



I first heard about Five Guys when I was living in New York. Everyone at work used to go to a small place tucked down some back hallway of a nice hotel that they would call “The Burger Joint” (not sure if that was the real name or if it even had a real name. They had a small neon sign with a picture of a burger on it.). One day the new craze was “Five Guys”. I assumed a place similar to The Burger Joint, run by, well, five guys! I kept meaning to go before I moved back, but somehow never made it. After I got back, I had a few friends tell me how great Five Guys is and I was happy to know I could give it a try down south.

The menu is pretty simple:
four burger options in two sizes and a few hot dog options.
Toppings include the standards plus things such as jalapeƱos, green peppers, A-1 and hot sauce. I decided to get the bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, onion, green peppers and A-1. The regular size has two patties, so i can only assume the “little” size has one.

This is probably the best burger I’ve had from a nation-wide restaurant. They pride themselves on always having fresh ground beef and fresh cut potatoes that are never frozen. It was packed full of flavor and grease and was messy and just amazing. It may not look like much in the picture, but I can assure you that you’ll love it.


Some of their awards are:
ZAGAT survey rated ’01-’08
“Reader’s Choice” #1 Hamburger ’99-’08
Best Burger in Baltimore, Raleigh and Delaware

- Bobby!

1 comment:

Mason Fleske said...

Can I get a 'hell yeah' for Five Guys? Worth going for the fries alone!